MEDICAL COUNCIL OF MAURITIUS
All registered General Practitioners and Specialists are kindly requested to take note of the following:-
• As per section 30A of the Medical Council Act, a minimum of 12 CPD credit points has to be accumulated during the year 2023 in order to renew the Annual Practicing Certificates for year 2024.
• Regulation 4 of the Medical Council (Continuing Professional Development) Regulations 2016 stipulates that all doctors attending international CPD events should submit details of the programme for vetting and approval by the Medical Council.
• All medical practitioners are requested to ensure that any online CPD followed should be of at least one hour duration making them eligible to earn 1 CPD credit point.
Paragraph 4 (a) 4 of the Medical Council (Continuing Professional Development) (Amendment) Regulations 2019 is reproduced below:-
- Approved online CPD course or e-training programme (for at least one hour) = 1 CPD credit point
• All Medical Practitioners are hereby informed that they should submit documentary evidence of having followed online CPD courses or programmes as soon as they accumulate 12 credit points.
Medical Council of Mauritius