Temporary Registration of Non Citizens
Each and every application for temporary registration under Section 26 of the Medical Council Act has to submit all the necessary documents in relation to Section 22, Section 23 and Section 26 of the Act. The requirements for registration of a person as a General Practitioner or as a Specialist are the same for all applicants except that in the case of a non citizen medical practitioner, a work permit or an exemption from holding a permit under the non citizen (Employment Restriction) Act or an occupation permit under Section 9 A of the Immigration Act has to be produced along with the application for temporary registration.
26. Temporary registration of non-citizens
(1) Notwithstanding section 22 (a), a non-citizen shall be entitled to be temporarily registered as a general practitioner if he—
(a) holds a work permit or is exempted from holding a permit under the Non-citizens (Employment Restriction) Act or holds an occupation permit under section 9A of the Immigration Act;
(b) satisfies the requirements set out in paragraphs&nbsp;(b) to (g) of section&nbsp;22; and
(c) has paid the fee prescribed by the Council.
(2) A non-citizen shall be entitled to be temporarily registered as a specialist if he complies with the requirements set out in section 23.
(3) No application for temporary registration under this section shall be processed unless the applicant has submitted all the documents referred to in subsection (1) (a) and section 21(2).
(4) Every application under this section, which has been duly submitted to the Registrar, shall be determined within 21 days of the date of the submission.
(5) Where the Registrar is satisfied that an applicant qualifies for registration under this Act, he shall temporarily register the applicant as general practitioner or specialist, as the case may be.
(6) Where the Registrar does not register an applicant under subsection (5), the Registrar shall refer the application to the Council for its decision.
(7) Where the Council refuses an application, the Registrar shall, not later than 21 days from the date of receipt of the application, notify the applicant accordingly, stating the reasons for the refusal.
(8) Subsections (3) to (7) shall apply to any application for temporary registration made before and pending on the commencement of section 18 of the Economic and Financial Measures (Miscellaneous Provisions) (No. 2) Act 2011, and the 21-day period referred to in subsection (4) shall run, in relation to such applications, as from the date of submission of all the documents referred to in subsection (3).
DOCUMENT NEEDED FOR APPLICATION
|Document needed for application|
|3||Work permit or an exemption from holding a permit under the Non-citizens (Employment Restriction) Act or holds an occupation permit under section 9A of the Immigration Act;|
|4||Basic medical degree certificate(for e.g. MBBS/MBChB….)|
|5||Evidence of Pre-Registration Training|
|6||Registration with any Regulatory Authority as general practitioner|
|7||Evidence of medical practice undertaken for a minimum of three years after registration as General Practitioner. (To be eligible for exemption from the Medical Registration Examination)|
|8||Evidence of specialist qualification|
|9||Registration with Medical Regulatory Authority as Specialist|
|10||Recent “Certificate of Good Standing” from the Medical Regulatory Authority of the Country where applicant has last practiced medicine|
Any person who does not possess a minimum of 3 years working experience as a general practitioner has to take the Medical Registration Examination (MRE). If successful in the said examination, he/she is given registration as a general practitioner
Documents listed above may be submitted in photocopies and originals have be produced at the time of application or registration as general practitioner and/or specialist
Registration as specialist will be made after a favourable recommendation by the Post Graduate Medical Education Board and subsequent endorsement by the medical board.
Application forms may be downloaded from the website address medicalcouncilmu.org